Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Shipping

Mailing packages is intimidating.

Mostly because I haven't mailed huge boxes in like...ever.

But in order to get presents to my godparents.
I had all the family gather their gifts together into one box. 

Which ended up being a 10 gallon fish tank box I had hanging around. 

That left me with a conundrum though.
because the box wasn't just your plain brown box.
Nope it was a fish tank box. Aka. Had all the pictures and such indicating that within the box should be a 10 gallon fish tank.

And like...I had no idea if the post office would take that sort of box.

So I ended up dropping by like Lowes to grab some brown wrapping paper.

Which ended up being a rather thin tissue paper and I wasn't sure if that would like....stay on. 
But I didn't want to be turned away if they needed the box to well...not have a picture of a fish tank on it. 

So I wrapped it up in the brown paper. 
And took it down to the post office.

Where they told me the paper would probably fall off.
And that they were perfectly fine sending the box with the picture of the fish tank on it and such. 

So yah.
I suppose the bright side is that if the shippers think that there's an actual fish tank in the box....they'll be more delicate?

Probably not. I know there are some sadists out there who'd take great pleasure in breaking fragile things....

Luckily none of the presents within are breakable so THERE. HA. 

But yah. Shipping the box ended up costing a pretty penny.
Though I expected that.
I mean large box. Some weight to it..... 
Yah...it cost a bit.

Oh well.
At least it's finally on it's way!

*fingers crossed* that the package makes it to it's destination. :S 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment