Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Learning Curve

It's always interesting to see what is easy for people to grasp and what isn't easy for them to grasp.

Because like I can tell different people the same thing. 
But they'll hold onto different bits of information.
Understanding some parts.
Misunderstanding others.
Forgetting yet other parts.


It's...interesting.

Especially when it involves training my new manager.

There's just something about the whole paperwork thing that they aren't quite comprehending.

Which I had a similar problem with my previous manager as well.

And I get it.
Receiving in the invoices of our shipments does take a bit of time to get used to how to receive in everything. 

So I find myself repeating things.
Again and again and again.

*exhales*

Today wasn't much different.

Today was our animal count.
Which means that we have to have all the invoices received in before we count all the animals.
Because if we don't receive in all the shipments...that means when we log into the computer to get the list of the amounts of each animal...they won't show an accurate inventory.

Apparently my manager didn't comprehend that.

Which makes sense why the inventory was showing how we somehow had like nearly 6,000 crickets....
When we only get in about 3,000 a week (truthfully it's about half that because we keep getting shorted on our shipments) 

Because if you count the crickets with the old number.
And adjust the counts.
Then add in the invoice containing the shipment of crickets that were already counted...
...means we basically added in the crickets twice.

If my logic makes sense...I think that makes sense.

But yah.
If we have 2,000 crickets and the invoice says we have 6,000 but there's a shipment of like another 1500 crickets we need to receive in.
Then if we adjust the inventory and take 4,000 crickets out of our inventory and THEN receive in the 1500 crickets.
That would mean that we'd have 3,500 crickets listed when we actually only have 2000. 

But if you receive in the shipment first to indicate that we now have 7500 crickets on record but only 2000 in the store, then we'd take out 5,500 crickets so our online record will accurately represent the physical number.

Apparently my manager hadn't realized that?
I mean I've mentioned it at least three times before.
That all invoices have to be received in BEFORE we count the animals.

But again.
Today they didn't do that.
So I had to do a last minute adjustment to ensure that we would have the second result and not the first. 

*exhales*

I know there's a learning curve with everything.
But I hope that my manager will be able to catch on a bit faster from here on out.
We'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment