Monday, December 23, 2019

Timber

I think I may have accidentally killed a hamster today. *exhales*

I mean...there's always the chance it had died before....
But pretty sure I accidentally killed it.

Which isn't the best mood setter right before Christmas. 

But I'd been grabbing our cages in the back that had animals that could come out onto the floor.
As the weekend had emptied us enough of our hamsters that I could then bring out all the animals in our back rooms as well to come out onto the floor.

And the cages, admittedly, hadn't been stacked the most stablely as I was in a hurry....

So when I went to move the cart.
The motion was enough to topple two of the three cages down to the ground with a large BANG. 

The mice went spilling everywhere, but thankfully the cage of hamsters had managed to not fall out of their cage. So I quickly righted that one and went to go catch the mice.

But when I got out onto the floor with the cages -much more stablely stacked this time.

And went to put the hamsters in their cage...

I discovered one laying flat and motionless at the bottom of the cage.

The body was still warm and very limp....

so while the hamster may have died before I dropped the cage.....

I'm guessing that the tumble to the ground and the loud BANG scared the poor thing to death.
*exhales*
I waited a little bit just to be sure he wasn't just in shock.
But nope.
The poor thing had died. Y_Y 

Not the best way to start the week. Y_Y 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment