Saturday, December 7, 2019

Girls?

There are days where I really do wonder what goes on when I'm not at the store.
Because some of the things that occur while I'm gone and I'm like O_o how did that even happen?

So I came in this morning to a note on the board stating that a customer noticed that two of our mice were females instead of males.
-We're only supposed to have males in the store to prevent breeding from happening.
And that one of those females was pregnant and that my coworkers ended up adopting both mice out to the customer who had noticed.

I was like. O_o Confused.
Because like I'm pretty certain all the mice we got in were all Boys. 

I mean it does happen on occasion that we accidentally get in females instead of males.
But it's rare. Like only has happened maybe three times in seven years?
So yah.
Rare.

And I couldn't understand how we would have them be females when both mice had been in the store for a long time. At least two months if not longer.
And the 'pregnant' one had been by herself for at least a month....
So yah. idk. 

But the manager on duty was smart and took the mice over to the vet to confirm it.
And they did confirm that both were females. 

*shakes head*

I know at least one of those mice was a customer return so it's possible that the customers who returned it pulled a switcharoo and gave us back females instead of males as that's happened a handful of times before. 

Because considering that I look at all the animals that come in.....
*exhales*
It's hard to know though.
I was gone one of those shipment days on vacation so the female mice could have come in then.
Or else I was expecting males and therefore thought i saw that they were males...

Who knows.
But yah it was a rather stressful situation where I had to go confirm that the rest of the mice we have in the store were males as my coworkers hadn't had time to double check and yah...they're all boys.

*exhales*
Yaaaay early morning stress. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment