Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Through the Air

There are times I like flying.
I enjoy soaring above the clouds.
See the world from waaaay up high.
Admire the clouds from the same level.

But I've always disliked landing after taking off. 

Just the descent and the potential bumpy landing?
Yah.
Not a fan.

And the past couple of times I've landed....
I've hated the feeling of the plane 'putting on the breaks' as we descend.
As it feels like we're going to fall out of the sky.

But overall I've been okay.

The flight today was probably one of the smoother flights I've been on.

Good take off.
Hardly any turbulence.
And the descent and landing was pretty smooth. 

But my paranoia was super high today.
Like through the roof. 

Every little bump.
Every slight ascent or descent.
Every turn of the plane.

Had feeling like we were about to crash.

It was the furthest thing from the truth.

But I was tense.
So tense.
Couldn't focus on anything.
Could feel my heart pounding.
And it was hard to breath.

Gah.

Not my favorite flight.

I was definitely glad to be back on the ground. 
Safe and sound.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment