Sunday, November 24, 2019

Of Ta Clean

I made an unplanned trip up North today.

As I ended up calling my sister earlier to, you know, check in, and see how things were going with her.

And it turned out that she was feeling rather stressed. Overwhelmed really. 
In that there were like a hundred tasks that needed to be done.
And she didn't have the time, energy, or resources to do them.

I had originally been planning to...well....just hang out at home after church. Relax. Maybe write a bit.

But upon hearing the stress in Kikay's voice.

I volunteered to come up for a few hours to help her out.
You know. Tackle the mountain and make the tasks seem less momentous.

Mostly it was just with cleaning tasks.

As she's been so busy with things....that things at home ended up piling up.

Plus, it's hard to clean when the vacuum is broken. >_> 

So! I brought up the one from my house, along with some cleaning supplies.

And helped get the house all pretty and clean. ^^;; lol.

It only took a couple of hours really.
Vacuuming, cleaning up the kitchen, cleaning the bathroom, organizing the monster of a fridge.
 
It was fun family bonding time really.

Kikay and I were able to talk and vent and confide in a way that we haven't been able to in a while since she moved out.

And in the end we both ended up feeling a lot better.

So I'm grateful I was able to come up to help her out.

As I could see the tension and stress leaving her as we accomplished each task.

I think she's a bit more relaxed now that the house is much cleaner and she has one less thing to worry about.

I definitely know I feel better when a mess that's been bugging me finally gets cleaned.
So methinks Kikay was much happier to have a clean home. ^^;;

I'm glad I was able to help out. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment