Friday, April 20, 2012

A New Blogger Look


So.
Today I logged into Blogger.
And what did I see?
A whole new layout.
:S

And it's very very white.
O.o Why is it that when anything 'updates' itself.


The updates tend to make everything whiter?
Soo much blank color.
Which is part of the reason why I haven't switched over before now.
(I only switched over now, because I was forced to. I had no say ;) lol)


Because...I don't like things that are white. At first. It's too....'sterile.' It's like the website no longer has a personality, when it did before. It's been...boringized to futuristic blahness.
I didn't like it when they did it to Gaiaonline.
I didn't like it when they did it to Facebook.

And I....

Well....I'm actually liking this new update to blogger.

I mean I looked at it...months and months ago. And didn't like it.
O.o Boring white.
But they people must have done something in between then and now.
Or else...I was resigned to the fact that the change was going to happen whether I liked it or not.


And I had been warned about it in advance. :) Which was nice.
So...I was a bit more open minded with this change.
It's definitely cool. :)
There will be some things that I need to get used to.
Like the new positions of things.
But the changes that they've made...have made navigating around blogger easier. :D


Plus!

I discovered a cool little feature that has me really excited!
You see. When I view the list of past blogs I've done...


Instead of just seeing the name and date of the post and if there was a comment.
I can now see....
How many pageviews each post I've posted has received!!
Can you say AWESOME?!?!
It is Awesome!

-And I still have no idea what you have to do to have something show up as a pageview...I almost thing it's when you Google something and click on my link...but I have no real idea.

Still. Pageviews are awesome!
And now I can see how many each post has gotten!
Sooo exciting! :D

I've often wondered before. And it was one of the things I mourned in the old blogger system. I could only see how many pageviews I got if they were in the top five of the now/day/week/month/total.

And I wanted to know how many pageviews I had for a particular post.

Now I can know!
Super super sweet!
:D
And kinda fun as well.
Because I went through and counted. :)
And I have around 101 posts that have never had a pageview.
Which is both sad...and exciting.

Sad- aww poor post hasn't been pageviewed! Y_Y
Exciting- Sweet! this post hasn't been pageviewed. There is still a bit of mystery to this blog! :) lol


Then I wonder...how long will it take for those 101 posts to get a pageview?

Dun dun dun! A challenge! haha :)

I don't know how long it would take to have every post get one page view.... :D But it will be fun to find out! haha :)

^^ Yay for new beginnings! :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

Note: Bad thing about the new blogger...I can't spell check for some reason. >.<






No comments:

Post a Comment