Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spaces in the Spine

So, today in Dabo's class.
We were talking about the Spine.
And he asked for a volunteer so he could show us vertebrae alignment or something.
I volunteered.
Dun, dun, dun.
Why?
Well...I was curious to see how my spine alignment was.
I mean...a couple of years ago or so....
One of my cousins, told me, after I was having problems with torso pain...that my ribs were out of alignment. And she would put them back in.
The pain went away. :)
I think the pain also disappeared...because I got better roommates the next year lol. :) So I was less stressed.
but anyway.
Dabo did a similar thing where he would place his hand on my spine and feel the knobs.

He would say "Oh that one's to the left slightly." or "this one is doing this."
haha and then he'd add in "Does that hurt?"
I would turn to him like O.o and say "Uh...No."
He did that more with the vertebrae between my shoulder blades.
Does that hurt? Oh, that should hurt. You sure that doesn't hurt?
Yes...Dabo, I'm sure it doesn't hurt.

-lol My cousin would tell me the same thing. This must be hurting you!
Uh...not really no.

Of course...after he moved away from the spot it started to hurt.
The same thing happened with my cousin.

Well it didn't hurt until you touched it! :P lol.
I have to wonder then...did it actually hurt at all....or am I now just getting sympathetic impulses?
Oh, they said this should hurt. Okay! *signals* Vertebrae you can hurt now! *salute* Aye Aye Captain Brain!

The thing Dabo also brought up, was that the brain will ignore things, that 'hurt' us. Until it 'hurts something else.' So unless attention is brought to the fact that something isn't fine, the brain will assume it's fine.
And then once it's aware of the problem...
well my back has been aching off and on since that point because the brain has been alerted that my back hurts. :P haha.

In any case. I have a bit of a delayed reaction in "does that hurt." Because it actually didn't. It takes another couple of minutes for the brain to realize that that point actually did hurt and does hurt lol.

Anyway. Dabo made his way down my spine commenting and asking if other points hurt further down and then he stopped.
"That's weird" he mutters. "there's a space there. There shouldn't be a space there." he moves his hand down another vertebrae and stops. "there's another space here too...is your spine really curved to the left or something?"
I was like
O.O I HAVE SPACES?!?! HOW AM I ABLE TO SUPPORT MYSELF IF SOME OF MY VERTEBRAE ARE GONE?!!?
I respond. "I don't think so..."
And he was like "huh, that's weird." and told me that I could go sit down.

Hyper awareness of my spine happened afterwards lol.
And I didn't get a chance to ask him until a couple of hours later.
"Dabo...what did you mean that I had spaces in my spine?"
And he was like "Oh, your vertebrae is really deep under your skin, I can't feel it, I probably could if I pushed hard, but I didn't want to give you a bruise."
"Oh, okay." A bit of panic went away. ;) haha.

So yah, apparently my spine is a bit weird. ;) lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment