Saturday, April 14, 2012

Passing the Torch

Today has been....rather bitter-sweet.

You see...today we 'Passed the Torch'
Meaning...the LDSSA is now comprised of new council people.
And "The Council" has now been released.

lol throughout the whole proceedings I had a few lines from different songs going through my head.

"I am in misery, there ain't no one there to comfort me."
"Lonely, I am so lonely."
"1 is the loneliest number."

It's just....sad. I've enjoyed being on council so much ^^
And now...It's time to go back in the ranks.
To position of Committee member if I so choose to do that. lol.
I don't know if I will...after being in charge...
I'll see how my schedule is next Fall. :)

The new guys seem to be a good pair lol.
They have no idea what they're doing,
and they have that 'deer in the headlights' look.
But I think they'll do great, once they've been trained up a bit. :)

I don't think it really hit me that this was the real deal...
until the new council got up and started conducting.
Then. I felt as if the power had passed from me.
On to the next generation. :(
*sighs*
I am in misery.....;) haha.

Okay, so the song actually is running through my head because I have a bit of a cold going on.
It fits with today's situation of passing the torch,
basically, I'm miserable in body and mind.

But like fellow council members have said.
:) Onto new horizons! :)

Oh.
Remember that random conversation I had with El Daen the other day?
Well today...I, along with five others, received gifts for 'being on time' to our Monday morning meetings. For going the extra mile.
Heh. I feel a bit guilty. I was late to one meeting....so the 'on time' part doesn't apply to me, but the 'being there' does as well as 'going the extra mile'
So what was in the goodie bag?
A sobe drink. :) (I gave that to my co-chair)
A chocolate bar of great proportions. ;) King size. Maybe Kingdom size?
And two LDC cds. ^^
Lol. Those are Christ like I suppose. :) But no Christ/Angel statue.
The fun thing is that one of the LDC cds that I got...
I had just barely returned to my first year roommate...after having borrowed it for almost a year haha. :)
^^ Yay for 'getting it back' haha! :D

So the Torch has been Passed.
Good Luck New Co Chairs. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment